I am an Associate professor in the Department of Art at the South China Agricultural University, in Guangzhou, China. I received my Masters in Arts in 2002 and have taught drawing, painting and art history for fourteen years. I am currently a Visiting Scholar in the Art Department at the University of Missouri. My work involves combining Chinese traditional techniques with contemporary painting concepts, and painting historic sites in China using techniques I have learned in America. I enjoy painting and art.
OTHER ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES:
• East-West Dialogues Ⅲ---Artworks by Chinese Visiting Scholars & Their Hosting Professors, Craft Studio Gallery, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA,8/2016.
• Examination Judge, Guangdong University Entrance Examination - Fine Arts Division, Guangdong Higher Education Bureau, Guangzhou, China, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, & 2012.
• Art Research Delegation Member, Delegation visited Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Washington DC, USA, 2012 (Organized by Los Angeles Art Association and Central Academy of Fine Arts in Beijing, China)
• Liu, Yuan. Editor and Jiang, Tao. Associate Editor. “Color Study from a Design Perspective.” China Agriculture Press, Beijing, China (10/2010; ISBN: 978-7-109-14945-8).
• Jiang, Tao. Editor. “History of Modern Design.” Central South University Press, Changsha, Hunan, China (4/2010; ISBN: 978-7-81105-901-4).
• Jiang, Tao. “Calligraphy: Qingzhao Li’s Poetry.” and “Calligraphy: Bo Wang’s Poetry.” Yihai. Hunan Art Institute, Changsha, Hunan, China (8/2011): 172 (A national core art magazine).
• Jiang, Tao. “Calligraphy: Bo Wang’s Poetry.” “Ink Painting: Bamboo through a Studio Window.” “Ink Painting: Bamboo and Rocks.” and “Ink Painting: Peaceful Orchid.” Art China. Hunan Public Art Organization, Changsha, Hunan, China (6/2011): 140.