ELIGIBILITY & RULES
- Artists must be present and must personally staff their booth during the entire event. Only artists displaying their own original work may participate. No stand-in or proxy exhibitors are allowed to represent the artist(s). If two artists collaborate, it is considered a joint entry and they should exhibit a single body of work. If accepted, they may exhibit only that work, which is collaborative. Collaborative signatures must appear on all materials exhibited.
- All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist(s). Commercially cast jewelry, molds and imported or commercially-made products (including fiber/wearables).
- Work done in classes or workshops, “Buy-sell” and/or imports, work from kits, commercial designs, and derivative work is prohibited. Artists selling work that is not their own will be expelled from the Festival.
- Studios involved in volume production are not permitted to exhibit.
- The Executive Director reserves the right to ask that any work that is inconsistent with the juried subject or artist who is in violation of these rules be removed.
- Artists in the 2D categories are allowed to sell reproductions of their original work in limited, signed and numbered editions, but reproductions cannot represent the majority of work in the booth.
- Artists may only exhibit work in the media categories in which they have been accepted. The work exhibited must match the quality and style of work represented by the artist in his or her application.
- Artists may apply to exhibit in more than one category but must a submit a second online application and remit a second jury fee.
- All jewelry must be designed and executed by the exhibiting jeweler. Beaded work, where the artist has purchased the beads rather than working the beads/stones/gems his or herself, may not comprise more than 10% of the work displayed. Artists will be asked to remove work not conforming with this rule.
- Only artists accepted in the jewelry categories may display and sell jewelry.
- Each applicant is required to submit four quality jpg images representative of the work to be exhibited. A fifth jpg image must show his or her display booth with work visible and the set-up representative of the booth display at Art in the Park. The artist's name should not be visible in the booth image.
- Artists must be aged 18 years or older.
- Artists are responsible for their own sales tax (please see important note below)
- Art in the Park is an outdoor show and exhibitors will be at Stephens Lake Park, rain or shine. Artists should come prepared for all weather!
- Artists are provided a 12' x 12' ground space. Artists must bring their own white 10' x 10' tent, which should be sturdy enough to withstand the elements [Due to wind concerns, light-weight, accordion-style, pop-up tents are strongly discouraged]. Set-up is on grass, and artists are asked to bring weights and stakes with them to ensure the safety of their tent during the festival.
- Please note that there is no electricity provided for artists. Generators may only be used under extenuating circumstances and must be pre-arranged with the festival organizer. Any accepted generators must be muffled and not infringe upon any other exhibitors space nor pose a hazard to festival goers.
PLEASE NOTE THE RULES FOR THE STATE OF MISSOURI
Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax. Missouri now requires all vendors, both in-state and out-of-state, to have their own Missouri tax identification number if they make sales at retail. Vendors must use this sales tax number to report all their sales tax information. All artists must have a Missouri tax ID number before attending the festival.
Please copy and paste this link http://dor.mo.gov/forms/2643S.pdf to download the new Missouri Special Events form. You will need to allow at least 4 weeks for this form to be processed and your tax ID to be returned to you by snail mail.