Current Positions Available
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, directing, and managing of the Columbia Art League (CAL). This is a full-time position with the expectation that at certain times of the year the number of hours will exceed 40 per week and may include evenings and weekends as required to ensure the efficient operation of CAL.
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission. The Executive Director is the “face” of CAL to the community and its primary spokesperson.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing all information needed for the Board to function in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reports and works closely with the Board concerning policy decisions, fundraising and programs
Organization Mission and Strategy:
- Develops and implements programs to carry out the mission of CAL
- Researches, plans and develops programs and opportunities that contribute to the mission and future financial viability of CAL
- Provides visibility for CAL by being active in the community and works closely with other civic organizations, maintaining relationships and utilizing those relationships to enhance CAL’s mission
- Develops and successfully executes all marketing and other external communications to increase the visibility of CAL utilizing traditional and on-line digital communication
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Maintains the fiscal integrity of the organization and develops the annual budget and monthly financial statements which accurately reflect the financial status of CAL
- Ensures responsible fiscal management of operating budget to maximize resource utilization
- Researches and pursues grant opportunities
- Creates, develops and executes new revenue streams, fundraising events and other development activities and maintains close working relationships with donors, foundations and community organizations
- Effectively administers programs and operations of CAL and especially provides cohesive leadership and administration of the annual Art in the Park, a two-day outdoor, juried fine art fair.
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all organizational functions
- Performs essential HR duties, including hiring, training and retaining qualified and competent staff
- Executes all notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into by the Columbia Art League
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five or more years senior non-profit or gallery experience
- Demonstrated transparent and high integrity leadership
- Strong, hands-on budget management skills including budget development, analysis and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of CAL’ s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Proven track record of successful fundraising strategies and donor relations
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board members and volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including public speaking ability
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a large festival
- Experience in the use of digital and social media
Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com by November 15th, 2017.